In the year of our Lord 1694, widow Anna Lindberg ran an illegal tavern in one of our five small buildings on the corner of Österlånggatan. One of His Majesty’s farmhands took over proceedings at the end of the 17th century, and shortly afterwards in 1715, “Tre Kungar” (“Three Kings”) appears as the name of our tavern. Perhaps the poet laureate Carl Michael Bellman renamed it when reciting a ballad in the vault? The name then changed to “Tre Prinsar” (“Three Princes”) and the venue began offering tastings in French. The Bernadottes were the Kingdom’s masters and arbiters of taste. And this is what we’ve been doing ever since, with nine historic rooms in five small buildings. St George and the Dragon show the way: the fifth alleyway from the Royal Palace.